- As outgoing president, Engr O. S. Nkom bows-out amid encomium
The Nigeria Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS) has elected Surv. Alabo C. D. Charles as President of the Society. Charles who was elected today Saturday March 13, 2021, at a meeting of the Society in Ibadan was serving as First Vice President of the NMGS. He would be the 31st President of the Society.
He will take-over the leadership of the Society from the outgoing President, Engr Obadiah Simon Nkom whose tenure is popularly regarded as an era of advancement of the mining and geosciences sector.
The new executives who were elected today at the University of Ibadan are:
- Surv. Alabo C.D. Charles – President
- Alh. Arisekola Tunde – Vice President
- Dr A. S Olatunji – Vice President
- Dr Godwin Amobi Alo – Secretary General
- Engr Bolarinwa – Assistant Secretary General
- Engr (Dr) Umar Hassan – Treasurer
- Prof Omada – Financial Secretary
- Mr Prosper – Publicity Secretary
- Prof Sola Ojo – Awards Chairman
- Dr Oyedokun – DLP Chairman
- Mrs Lauretta Omoigberale – Head, Protocol
- Engr O.S. Nkom – Immediate Past President (IPP)
Details later . . .